Evidence Based Research
Enhancing Cognitive Abilities:
Social Skills and Community Building:
Emotional Well-being and Stress Reduction:
Supporting Physical Health:
Engaging in music, especially playing instruments and singing, has been linked to improved respiratory and cardiac function. For example, research in the American Journal of Medicine showed that group drumming could lead to improved immune system responses. At Team Musicare, we are committed to harnessing these benefits of music and music mentoring to positively impact the lives of our clients.
Links for positive impacts music has on individuals:
• The effect of learning to drum on behavior and brain function in autistic adolescents
• Music in the treatment of affective disorders: An exploratory investigation of a new method for music-therapeutic research.
• The functions of music for affect regulation
• Music as a Forum for Social-Emotional Health
• Musicality and the intrinsic motive pulse: evidence from human psychobiology and infant communication
Music Mentoring Studies:
• Strengthening music provision in early childhood education: a collaborative self-development approach to music mentoring for generalist teachers